The stage play Music Box, starring Jessie Chung, is arriving in theatres soon! Inspired by a true story in 18th century England, which recounts a teenage girl’s experience with romance, friendship, and family, Music Box also incorporates Jessie Chung’s life journey and three relationships. Music Box is a gripping story that will strike and sensitize the audience’s soul, allowing them to appreciate the unpredictability of affection through the laughter and tears of the plotline.
The stage play Moonlight, which came out in 2016, was remembered as the show that broke the rules of traditional stage plays in Malaysia by throwing in film techniques and avant-garde theatrical effects in the mix. In supplementing the stage play with an LED stage and a high-quality stereo system, the story’s settings and surroundings were made more lifelike, and the audience was able to experience the story in a much more interactive way. The play was highly acclaimed by critics and viewers alike and easily sold out all tickets for ten shows. Highlights of the play included the performance of lead actress Jessie Chung, who was so imbibed in her role in this bittersweet tale that she earned the crowd’s applause at various moments of the show, which culminated to a standing ovation at the finale! Now, Music Box, the sophomore stage play produced by Future Entertainment & Music Group Australia is set to debut in December this year.
Synopsis: Qin Shuang Shuang, portrayed by Jessie Chung, is a young woman whose mother disappeared during her childhood. Under the prearrangement of fate, the love and affection of three men for her sucked her down into a chaotic whirlpool and turned her world upside down. Faced with the conflicts of family, friends, and lovers, what kind of decisions will Shuang Shuang make? Music Box is a gripping story that will strike and sensitize the audience’s soul, allowing them to appreciate the unpredictability of affection through the laughter and tears of the story.
Music Box, which fundraises for cancer patients, is a Future Entertainment & Music Group Australia production organized by the Malaysia Naturopathic Association, directed by Brian Choot, and produced by Joshua Beh.
Chinese show with English subtitles
Symphony Theatre , Shah Alam
16.12.2017 （Saturday） 7:30pm
21.12.2017 （Thursday） 7:30pm
23.12.2017 （Saturday） 7:30pm
30.12.2017 （Saturday） 7:30pm
06.01.2018 （Saturday） 7:30pm
13.01.2018 （Saturday） 7:30pm
Ticket prices: RM300 / RM120 / RM80 / RM50 / RM30
International Tour: Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Johor, Penang, Sarawak, Sabah)
Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand, Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, India, Australia
Hang about near Jessie’s Facebook page to catch the latest news!
Symphony Theatre , Shah Alam
16.12.2017 （星期六Saturday） 7:30pm
21.12.2017 （星期四 Thursday） 7:30pm
23.12.2017 （星期六Saturday） 7:30pm
30.12.2017 （星期六Saturday） 7:30pm
06.01.2018 （星期六Saturday） 7:30pm
13.01.2018 （星期六Saturday） 7:30pm
票价：RM300 / RM120 / RM80 / RM50 / RM30
* Prices are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia and include RM4.00 processing fee.
* RM1.50 per ticket will be charged for internet purchase.
* RM10 handling fee per transaction will be charged for phone and internet purchase.
* No admission for children aged 13 & below.
* No cancellation or changes allowed once ticket sold.
* Additional courier charges will apply if address is not within Malaysia.
* No refund is allowed after a purchase is made.
* Lost & damage ticket(s) will not be entertained.
* Strictly no Video Recording & Photo Taking.
* Strictly no Video Cam, Camera (Professional & Normal ) & Tab Devices such as IPAD, Samsung Tab, etc bring into the venue.
* Food & drinks are not allowed.
* Phone booking is available via TicketCharge (603) 9222 8811.
* TicketCharge's Conditions of Sales apply.